Toner Cartridge Storage
Toner cartridges contain components that are sensitive to light, temperature and humidity. Today we would like to share with you some tips on how to store your toner cartridges to ensure optimal performance, highest quality and longevity of your new toner cartridge.
Try to control the temperature and humidity conditions in the area you are storing your cartridges in. It is best to store your cartridges in the same environment in which the printer will be used.
Keep your cartridges unopened in their original packaging until you are ready to install. Opening the cartridge package prior to use dramatically shortens its shelf and operating life. If the packaging isn’t available, cover the top opening of the cartridge with paper and store in a dark cabinet.
If the toner is removed from the printer, follow these instructions to store the cartridge properly:
- Store the cartridge inside the protective original packaging (if this is not available, cover the opening with paper and store in a dark cupboard lying flat)
- Lay the cartridge flat (not standing on end) with the same side facing up as if it were installed in the machine
Do not store consumables in any of the following conditions:
- Temperatures above 40°C
- Humidity range less than 20% or greater than 80%
- An environment with extreme changes in humidity or temperature
- Direct sunlight or room light
- Dusty places
- A car for long periods of time
- An environment where corrosive gases are present
- An environment with salty air
- Do not touch the surface of the photoconductive drum in the cartridge
- Do not expose the cartridge to unnecessary vibrations or shock
- Never manually rotate the drum, especially in the reverse direction – this can cause internal damage and toner spillage
If you have any questions, our friendly team are just a phone call away!